Lifestyle is medicine, but it’s the hardest type of medicine to take!
Healthy lifestyle behavior changes are difficult to initiate without understanding the science of preventive medicine. It’s hard to push away from the dinner table, and it’s equally challenging to get off the couch.
But knowing the impact these behaviors have on your health, particularly on your heart and brain, can help you motivate in enacting the necessary changes. And we’re here to collaborate with you on developing your health vision and specific action plans to implement lifestyle changes and health behaviors.
We also recommend the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA), a tool for screening a person’s cognitive skills. By the time you’ve got a noticeable cognitive decline, your biggest opportunity for prevention is gone. Dr.
Janice Derrickson provides PrevMed’s lifestyle and coaching services and is a certified MoCA evaluator.
Lifestyle and Wellness Coaching
- Includes a 30-45 minute session to collaboratively develop a health vision and specific actionable goals based on the individual’s priorities for lifestyle changes, with focus on health and wellness behaviors.
- Covered topics include: food and nourishment, exercise and movement, environment and fall prevention, sleep, and mind-body connection.
Lifestyle and Wellness Coaching AND MoCA
- Includes both the Lifestyle and Wellness Coaching and a separate Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) in a 1-hour time period.
- The MoCA assesses different cognitive domains including visual-spatial, executive function, attention, language, short term memory, and orientation.
Follow Up Lifestyle and Wellness Coaching
- This is only available AFTER the purchase of an Initial Medical Assessment.
- Includes three follow up appointments for 30 minutes to discuss progress on lifestyle and wellness actionable goals and provision of resources to assist with new or existing goals.